Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sigma Brushes Review

Recently, I have become a Sigma Beauty Affiliate and was sent a E25 brush.  I am very excited and thought I would do a review on this brush and the others I own. 

Sigma has been around for a few years.  They were first introduced as the affordable MAC dupes and now have become more of there own brand.  They have carried Makeup, but Brushes are what they always carry.  They sell individual brushes, Professional brush sets, special edition brushes and Accessories. 

The price range of the individual brush are from 9-19 and the brush set range from 42- 199 (199 being the complete professional brush set).  There prices would be about mid-range.

These are the Sigma Brushes that I own . 

Photobucket
Sigma Description: A flat-topped, full circular brush used for lightweight application and blending of any formula colour fluid, cream, powder or pigment.

My Thoughts: I bought this brush because I thought it would work well with my cream blushes.  The Bristles are dense which means that a little product will go a long way.  I found that I was able to blend with this brush very well.  Also, I actually have come to prefer to use this brush for highlighting.  The black bristles leak color, which makes the white bristles look grey.  This is common in many brushes, even MAC, so it is not a big deal, and do not affect the application of makeup. 

Photobucket
Sigma Description: Specially designed to generate an airbrush finish when used to apply liquid foundation. It can also be used to apply blush, highlight shades and loose pigments. Blend of synthetic and natural bristles.

My Thoughts: I bought this brush to use to apply foundation.  The bristles are dense, which is important for blending the foundation evenly and holding the foundation up so a little product goes a long way.  The Black bristles do leak color, which makes the white bristles look grey, but its common and not a big deal. 

Photobucket
Sigma Description: Oval-shaped brush with gently chiseled sides. Blends and softens the look of powder or cream shadows. Ideal to apply eye shadow primer, base eye shadow colors, and blend harsh lines.

My Thoughts: I was sent this item from sigma and must admit that Love this brush.  The bristles are dense and I have not experiences any fall out.   I have used this to blend a harsh line and blending with color, both times it did it great job.  Since this brush is dense, it makes it easy to blend and achieve your look.

Sigma Brushes are great and are worth buying.  I love them and everyone that I know personally that has purchased brushes say that they love them and want to buy more.  They are moderately priced and great quality.

PLEASE COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS ARE ABOUT SIGMA BRUSHES

1 comment:

  1. I have purchased several Sigma brushes, as I read so many great reviews. I own all the brushes you reviewed and also agree that they are great. My favorite Sigma brush is the F80 flat top brush. I love this brush for foundation! I have recently purchased another one.

    ReplyDelete