Wednesday, April 27, 2011

NEED I GLOW MORE - SELF-TANNING LOTION REVIEW

Photobucket

I was contact a couple of weeks ago by a representative of Beautisol to review a new face self tanning lotion that is skin type specific.  After reviewing all the information provided for this product I will admit I was intrigued and agreed to review this product.  

Honestly, I have never used a tanning product because I have never had a problem with getting a tan, but I have been asked about tanning products recently.  

The following is the description provided on the website:

What it is:
Need I Glow More?™ is the first ever skin-type-specific face self-tanning lotion. Our Normal-Oily-Problematic formulation is for those with oily or acneic skin.
What's included:
  • 1.5 fl. oz. Face Self-Tanning Lotion For Normal-Oily-Problematic Skin Types or Dry Skin.
  • FREE Application Guide
What it does: (For OIly Skin)
  • Absorbs oil and purifies the skin
  • Delivers a natural-looking, golden-brown tan within hours
  • Provides instant color so you look bronzed and picture-perfect immediately, all while your long-lasting tan processes underneath
What it does: (For Dry Skin)
  • Moisturizes, hydrates, and revives the skin
  • Delivers a natural-looking, golden-brown tan within hours
  • Provides instant color so you look bronzed and picture-perfect immediately, all while your long-lasting tan processes underneath

Features & benefits:

  • Created specifically for normal to oily or problematic skin types
  • Infused with Montmorillonite Clay, Lilac Stem Cell, and Niacinamide to help reduce inflammation and improve acne
  • Lightweight formula prevents the skin from feeling heavy or greasy
  • Pure Scent odor-eliminating technology reduces processing odor
  • Guide color allows you to see exactly where you have applied the product and where you may have missed, reducing streaking and application mishaps
  • Paraben-free, propylene gycol-free, sodium laurel/laureth sulfate-free, and cruelty-free (PETA certified)

There are two formulas 1. For Normal - Dry - Sensitive Skin ($26.00) and 2. Normal - Oily - Problematic Skin($26.00).  I received both and used the Normal - Oily - Problematic Skin.  I have combination skin and acne.  I was very happy to see that this product is not only a self-tanner, but also treats acne.  This product is unique in that way, no other self-tanner deals with specific skin type.  In my opinion, that makes this product superior because this product will not only give you the glow that you desire but also assist in manging your skin type.  I have heard of other tanning products that cause break outs, dried out skin and of course making someone look orange.  

This is what I received:

I received sample of both formulas, face self-tanner guide, personal card and starbursts (liked the extras.)

Photobucket
This is the Face Self-Tanner Guide  (READ THIS ENTIRE GUIDE BEFORE USING TANNER)
                                                                             Front
Photobucket
                                                                              Back
Photobucket

It important to test this product on a small part of your skin to ensure you do not have a negative reaction.  Prepare you skin by ex foliating .  Make sure to use gloves because it will stain your skin.

When using this product do not be scared of how dark it looks when you squeeze out of tube. The coloring is actually a useful tool because you will be able to see if you miss any spots.  It is very light weight and absorbs quickly.  You will wake up with a nice glow.

I noticed a nice light glow.  The color was not too dark, and if you would like more of a tan you can apply the next evening.  I was tan enough and did not break out.  I enjoyed using this product and would recommend to others.

What I did not like about this product?  The direction said to apply 30 minutes prior to sleeping and I thought I should apply 90 minutes so that i would not get products all over my sheets.  It still left marks on my pillow, but most of it came off in the wash.  On the Guide provided, it stated that this can be used as a foundation.  I may have read too much into this, but I thought I could use it as an actual foundation.  This really meant that with the tan I would not need to use foundation (this would not work for my because I have problem areas to cover). This tan only lasted a couple of days.  Like I said earlier, I have never used a self tanner before, but I thought it would last a little longer.  As long as you maintain your tan with product you will be fine.

Overall, this is a great product.

PLEASE COMMENT IF YOU HAVE USED THIS PRODUCT... OR... PLEASE TELL ME ABOUT A SELF TANNER THAT YOU LIKE

2 comments:

  1. Hey thanks for the comment on my blog! I'm glad you found me. I'm from the Epsilon Chi Chapter of Phi Sig at Indiana University SOutheast (right across the bridge from Louisville, KY.) What school is Theta Upsilon? email me at katiewarren88@gmail.com =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Now you make it easy for me to understand and implement the concept. Thank you for the post. Indoor Tanning Lotions

    ReplyDelete