Tuesday, April 26, 2011

THE FACE PRIMER I AM IN LOVE WITH

Those long summer days are around the corner and for those of us that still wear makeup, it is important to use a primer that will assist in making your makeup last all day.  I have tried an endless amount of primers and some I liked and others not so much. Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer ($38.00) and MAC's Prep + Prime ($26.50)  were my top 2 primers.  I will admit that I mostly used MAC because of the price.

This all changed when saw several reviews on Monistat SOOTHING CARE: Chafing Relief Powder Gel.  I know what you are thinking because I was thinking the same thing.  This is a chafing gel and why am I suppose to put this on my face.  With that said, I thought why not give it a try, so I did and I have not used anything else since.  Before I get into what I think of this product, This is what is said by Monistat:

    Photobucket
  • Non-greasy POWDER-GEL™ skin protectant formula with dimethicone. Dries to form a silky, breathable barrier to fight friction.
  • Prevents chafing and irritation caused by moisture, heat, and movement. Ideal for treating everyday intimate discomforts of athletes, plus-size women, new moms and bikini area waxers or shavers.
  • Fast-acting formula comforts chafed skin. Works with just one application.
  • Fragrance-free and non-staining. Discreet relief without damage to your undergarments.
  • Non-irritating formula with vitamin E and soothing aloe. Gentle enough for daily use on even your most delicate areas.

The first thing I noticed was the silk like texture of the gel and how smooth it felt on my skin.  It is light weight and smooths any type of texture on your skin.  Also, I noticied when I washed my face at the end of the day, my skin was actually softer.  Both my foundation and concealer last longer.  Overall, I really like this product as a face primer.  I have suggested this product to a few of my friends and they feel the same about it.

Another great thing about this product is the price.  I recently purchased this item at target for $5.99, for even more savings look for coupons.  I usually find coupons for either $2.00 or $3.00 off, which makes this an even better buy.  (I usually look on-line for coupon, if you can not find one email me and I will find the link).

IF YOU HAVE USED THIS PRIMER PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE OR TELL ME ABOUT YOUR FAVORITE PRIMER.

1 comment:

  1. I personally love 'that gal' from benefit, I have recently ran out and its a tad expensive for me to buy again at the moment :(

    ReplyDelete