Tuesday, March 29, 2011

CHINA GLAZE CRACKLE GLAZE Review and Swatches

I must admit that I have many obsessions, but one of my top 3 (for now) would have to be nail polishes.  I do have a drawer full of different color and varies brands, but I was very excited when I heard about the the China Glaze Crackle Glaze.  After using O.P.I’s shatter and really liked the splinter effect and liked that China glaze offered different colors.  

From this collection I purchased LIGHTNING BOLT (white), CRUSHED CANDY (teal), and BROKEN HEARTED (pink).  All of the colors dry to a matte finish, so if you want more of a gloss make sure to use a top coat.  In the photos below I did not use a top coat but I normally would because I prefer a gloss finish.  I found that if you did a thick coat that polish that it would not crack as much.  I had this experience with all these of these colors.  The trick is to make sure you do not use too much or too little. Also, do not overlap each stoke of polish because the area that mostly likely not crack.   Also make sure to use a bold color under these polishes because it will allow you to see the effect much more. 

Overall, I like the crackle glaze.  You can always change the base color to change the look and you will always get a look that is unique.  Plus, it dries really fast, if you want the matte finish you will be ready to go and for a gloss finish you will only have to wait a few minutes.  

Please let me know your experience with this item


LIGHTNING BOLT : This was the first time that I tried this color and as you can see that on some nails I applied too much and there is not too much cracking.

Photobucket

BROKEN HEARTED : Please forgive me because I should have take more time with the next two, but I wanted to just show you how these polishes looked.  I used a coal color as a base color.  I will say that this polish was a bit thicker so you have to make sure to put a thin layer.

Photobucket

CRUSHED CANDY:  Out of the whole collection this was the color that I was most looking forward to.  I do really like it but another base color would have done it more justice.  Once again this polish is a bit thicker, but when I tried it again I was able to get a better result.  I think black or white would look really good with this color.



Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment