Thursday, June 30, 2011
5 one-ingredient DIY face masks
Welcome to another DIY THURSDAYS. Every week I will introduce some DIY beauty treatments that will not only help you look beautiful but will not cut a hole in your wallet.
This week I thought I would make it even easier with 5 different face masks that only require one ingredient. It can not get any simpler, I hope that you give these a try and let me know how you enjoyed the treatments.
1. Honey -- A humectant, honey, attracts and retains moisture, so it's great for anyone who wants to combat dry skin. Use a cloth damp with warm water and pat skin to open pores. Smear honey onto skin and leave on for 15 to 30 minutes. Rinse off with warm water, then pat skin with a cloth dampened in cold water to close pores
2. Raw egg yolk -- Egg yolks are high in vitamin A, a common ingredient in acne-fighting products. Spread on face and neck and leave on skin for 30 minutes. Rinse with cool water.
3. Raw egg white -- You'll get a lifting effect as the protein in egg whites dries on your skin. Beat egg white until frothy and spread on face. Wait until it dries and rinse off with warm water.
4. Grapes -- They contain powerful antioxidants, called polyphenols, which help combat aging. Cut one grape in half and rub lightly all over face.
5. Banana -- Bananas are one of the most nourishing fruits available because they contain magnesium, potassium, iron, zinc, iodine, folic acid, and vitamins A, B, and E, all of which benefit the skin. Mash one overripe banana and spread onto face. Rinse off after 15 to 30 minutes with warm water.
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THESE MASK. LET ME KNOW ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH DIY FACIAL MASKS.