According to my dad, I should not think about it and "just get up and get on with the day". Well he is a wise man, but in this situation it is not that easy for me... So I have been looking for useful tips that will assist me with this issue and thought someone else might need this information. So these are the tops 10 tips that will help you wake up early.
- Do not put your alarm clock next to your bed - Once you take a few steps away from your bed your body knows that it is time to get up and if you physically get up and walk away from your bed, you less likely to go back under the covers. So by putting your alarm clock away from your night stand you force your self to get up to turn it off. When you keep it by your bed, it makes it that much easier for you to just hit the snooze button and go back to bed.
- Make goals for your Morning - Every night make a list of things that you want to get done in the morning. This will serve as a motivator. You will want to wake up to make sure you get everything done.
- Try is Once - Try getting up early once and see how you like it. See how it feels not to have to rush around once you wake up and see how much more you are able to accomplish in that day. At the end of the day reflect and you will see that waking up early is worth it because you are able to get everything you need done and still have time for yourself.
- Plan ahead - Before you go to bed, make sure that everything you need for the next morning is already laid out. So if you plan on working out in the morning, have your clothes and running shoes laid out and ready to go. Same for you work clothes. This will allow you to get up and go. You will not dread having to look for anything.
- Make a Pact - Make a pact with a friend that you are going to meet each other every morning at the same time and same place. You can not call or text each other, that way you will know that you have somewhere to be and jumping out of bed is a must.
- Wake up at the same time everyday - It takes 3 weeks to develop a new routine. Once it becomes part of your daily routine it will not be so difficult.
- Go to bed early - Listen to your body. Sometimes getting out of bed early is so difficult because you only got a couple of hours of sleep. If you are tired, its going to be that much more difficult to jump out of bed in the morning. It is suggested that we get at least 8 hours of sleep, but in reality some people need more or less than 8 hours. Experiment, find out how much sleep you need and make sure to get that every night.
- Reward Yourself - Make a goal of waking early everyday and after a couple of weeks give yourself a reward. I know I like giving myself a mini shopping spree...
- Cleaning your Room - We all know that living in an organized environment will allow us to sleep better and feel better. It will also encourage you to wake up earlier to make you bed and maintain the organization.
- Start today - Do not keep telling yourself , "I will start tomorrow", because tomorrow will never come. Start now and know that it's not always going to be easy, but it will be worth it.
I hope that these tips help and please let me know they worked for you
PLEASE TELL ME YOUR TIPS FOR WAKING UP EARLY AND MAKING IT A HABIT.